Sunday, 14 February 2016

The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring - Review

Hello!
How are you? Today I came by to talk about... basically what is in the tittle...
So! I've finally read the first book of the trilogy of The Lord Of The Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien.Hello!
I'm an HUGE fan of Lord of the Rings and I've been watching it since... it came out in DVDs! The true reason I wanted to watch it, was because of Legolas, my one true love! I don't know why but I really liked that character and I still do, haha.
If you want to know more about the story, click here
Now, onto the book!

If you saw the films, the book is basically the same. There is a part in the book that isn't mentioned in the films which I think is very important. I like that in the book I can understand more how the time works. In the films I didn't have any idea how many days had been since Bilbo left Shire, how much days it took Frodo to begin the journey. In the book time is an important thing and I really liked that.
Obviously, there are little things in the book that makes it more enjoyable. The writing is excellent, for me, even I already knew the story , the way it was written it definitely made me keep going and read more. The way the characters are described it makes it very believable and very real, everything is so well described, places, rooms, the way elves move... It definitely makes you imagine everything. By reading your imagine just flows and is amazing. I really like books like this, they have a lot of description, which sometimes can be a little bit boring (there isn't the case in this book, I promise!) but is complete different when there is no one.
I'm not saying the films are not worth watching now that I've started to read the book. I'm just saying the books should be always read because there's a lot more to discover.
If you haven't watched the film, give it a go, I love them, but remember: that are very long!
See you soon. Xx
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment